CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sweet Potato Casserole



4 cups of sweet potatoes (canned or fresh) & smashed.
1 c sugar
1/2 c butter- softened
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla ( I use 2 tsp)
1/2 c milk ( I use half and half for a richer flavor)

Mix all of the above ingredients together. The butter does not need to be mixed in well. Place in a dish and sprinkle topping on.

Recipe for topping
1 1/3 c brown sugar
2/3 c flour
1/2 c butter
1 1/3 c pecans crushed


Bake at 350 for 25 -35 minutes

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Judy, I made two of these for thanksgiving! :) they are awesome! Really sweet and fattening though, I might try to rework the recipe so that I can cut some of that, but otherwise they were SO good! I got lots of compliments, so thanks! :)