CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nalesniki

A little Polish flair today!
This is my mom's recipe which was my grandmother's recipe. These are very sweet! In Poland, they make them for dinner, but I think they make a better brunch or dessert.

The Crepe:
3 eggs
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbs vanilla

The filling:
½ pkg of cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla (I added this ingredient...sorry mom!)

Sour cream

Preserves (I love strawberry or raspberry)

Powdered sugar

Combine all crepe ingredients until batter is smooth with no lumps…the batter will be very thin. Place 1 tbs butter in a 7 in skillet pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter into pan , tipping the pan until the batter is evenly distributed. Cook as you would a pancake, but the crepe is very thin. Turn over and cook until light brown.

Place crepe flat on a dish and spread cream cheese mixture down the middle. You be the judge of how much, I use about 2 Tbs or so. Then spread the preserves in the same manner, down the middle. Gently Roll the Crepe and top with 2 tbs sour cream across the top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and there ya go!

0 comments: