CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Comfort Food for a Cold Day...


I got this recipe a long time ago. I have altered the recipe to my liking. I don't remember what the original recipe called for, but I like it my way better :)

Stuffing Casserole
1 1/2 cups of uncle Bens instant rice-uncooked
1 can of cream of celery soup
1 can of milk
1 can of veg-all mixed veggies (veg-all contains potatoes)
8 ounces of sour cream
2 cups of diced, cooked chicken

salt and pepper to taste

Topping:
1 box of Stove Top stuffing (chicken flavored)-prepared

Mix the first 6 ingredients and place in a greased casserole dish. Top with prepared stuffing. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

NOTE:
I have also added 1 cup of motzerella cheese and fresh asparagas to the mixture and it was fabulous.

This dish is great for left overs.

0 comments: